€9.46 net €7.95
- Comprehensive advice & support
- Free shipping from 50 € order value
- Shipping in 24 hours
- 4 years warranty (except wear parts)
KATHRIN BRANDTEmployee Purchasing from Troisdorf
Great advice and friendly service. I was helped immediately and competently with any questions. Gladly again.
OMAR NASEROffice Manager from Frankfurt a.M.
Goods are well packaged and arrive safely, which is important to me. My mail was answered immediately.
RAINER SEIDELMaster carpenter from Wiesbaden
Had to replace a lamp, but the same was no longer available. Great advice, found a suitable replacement and delivered it quickly.
Light expert info
At the same time, the electronic ballast is not only smaller and lighter than magnetic ballasts, but also consumes less power, enables flicker-free operation of the lamp and helps it to achieve higher efficiency.
Advantages of electronic ballasts
- Capacitive power factor: significant reactive power is avoided - controlled, reliable starting has a positive effect on lamp life
- flicker-free start and operation of the lamps
- Safety shutdown in case of lamp defect
- Possible emergency operation thanks to option of DC operation
- Maintenance-free commissioning after lamp replacement thanks to automatic restart
Some electronic ballasts offer the possibility of dimming. A distinction is made between analogue and digital dimmable electronic ballasts. While the analogue dimmable ones are controlled with a control signal of 1 - 10 Volt and have no stand-by losses, digital dimmable ECGs are controlled with a DALI bus signal. Even when switched off, the device is always connected to the mains and thus causes standby losses.
If you have any further questions about ballasts, their special features or your conversion, please do not hesitate to contact our lighting experts. With high-quality products from well-known manufacturers such as OSRAM, TRIDONIC, PHILIPS, and many more, we can certainly help you buy the ideal ballast for your application.
Of course, you can also find drivers for the operation of your LED in our store.
Replacement of conventional ballasts with electronic ballasts
From the advantages listed, it is already clear that replacing the obsolete conventional ballast with a modern electronic ballast is worthwhile in terms of amortisation. And lower maintenance and material costs and a longer service life also speak in favour of replacing the units. At the same time, the conversion can be done quickly - taking a few points into account:
- Is the ECG suitable for my luminaire type? (Example: if you have a T8 lamp, the ECG must be designed for T8 lamps)
- Does the output power of the ECG match the required power of my lamp? (Example: the power 58W of your lamp must be able to power the ECG)
- Is the design right? (ECGs have different designs and masses, it is important to ensure that the design is suitable for the application)
- Is the number of output channels of the ECG suitable? (Example: if you want to connect several lamps to one ECG, it must have enough output channels to control the individual lamps)
Attention: Operating and test symbols such as VDE expire with the conversion. In some cases the wiring must be changed.